Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (167 Views)

Me and friends are experiencing a lot of lag spikes throughout games.

Me and my friends all use virgin media and we experience massive lag spikes that make games unplayable. We all experience them at the same time, and even when we aren't even playing together on the same server. We play games such as Overwatch and Teamfortress 2 and the same lag occurs between them.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4 (298 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by kameelhatta
a week ago

Re: Me and friends are experiencing a lot of lag spikes throughout games.

[ Edited ]

I'm afraid this is because you have the Hub 3.0 modem and router.  There is a known issue with latency spikes when using this device due to the Intel Puma 6 chipset which the Hub 3.0 uses.  Virgin knows about it but cannot actually fix it because it's down to Intel.

More info about it below:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4 (299 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by kameelhatta
a week ago

[ Edited ]

I'm afraid this is because you have the Hub 3.0 modem and router.  There is a known issue with latency spikes when using this device due to the Intel Puma 6 chipset which the Hub 3.0 uses.  Virgin knows about it but cannot actually fix it because it's down to Intel.

More info about it below:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (85 Views)

Will I just need to deal with this until it's fixed? Will it ever go back to normal?
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 4 (83 Views)

There is no other way of fixing this, unless you cry and beg for a Super Hub 2ac. However, they aren't very happy about giving them away.

Otherwise, we just have to wait for a fix.

0 Kudos