Menu
nikitameek
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Massive ping spikes playing CS:GO

Just moved to my new apartment where I have Virgin Media Fibre Optic 50Mb Internet. I loaded up and played a game of CS:GO and experienced massive ping spikes that made the game unplayable. The ping ranged from 50-400+ during the game. I had to disconnect, because it was impossible to aim as I was teleporting everywhere. 

I did a tracert of the ip address I was connected to. Here are the results:

Please advise me on what to do. Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive ping spikes playing CS:GO

Hi Nikitameek,

Sorry to hear you're getting poor latency. I've checked your connection and can see that you are affected by peak time contention fault F002707885 which is due for review 09/12/15. This will cause slow speeds and poor latency at peak times.

Could you try playing at peak times and let us know if you get the same issues? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
nikitameek
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. I have moved in recently and have been at the property for a week or so using the internet. At around 8pm the speed drops and online games become unplayable and I am no longer able to steam Netflix. This is a huge problem for us as I would get back home from University around this time and I would have no internet to use for studies. I would never have signed up for Virgin Media if I was notified of this problem beforehand. I pay for 50Mb, but when I actually use it it is 1Mb.

Here are my Speed Test results:

Also, a link to my BQM:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/9c80f5e717a4b471decbe23fbebf0f9f-05-10-2015.html

Here is a CSGO server Picker. You can clearly see that these ping levels are not normal:

I fully understand that the CS:GO problem is out of your hands and reliant on Valve, but to have internet that cannot stream a video on YouTube is a problem. 

I hope to hear from you soon. 

0 Kudos
OokraMoO
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Lol the CSGO pings are Virgins problem too, not Valves.

My friends on Sky/BT ping to the same servers as me @ 15-40ms, where as I have 400-1000ms
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nikitameek,

The Fault affecting you will be what is causing the poor speeds and affecting your streaming. I've recently been looking into issues with CS:GO which are unrelated so was looking to see if this is also affecting you.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos