Menu
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Massive latency XB1

What is going on tonight? My XB1 unusable to to unacceptable latency. No issues on live at the moment (friend has BTinfinity and nothing wrong there) any game just sitting there loading forever. Have cleared local cache and now trying to get Forza horizon 2 to sync data and after 45 mins it has reached 62%.

this coupled with 152 service returning 20 regularly in events this week is really annoying now.

0 Kudos
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive latency XB1

Still the same now after getting home. Trying to connect to ea servers in ea access app and forever spinning circle. BD12 area, how long u til this issue is resolved?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spookyville,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering latency ont he Xbox One this week.

I've had a look at things and I can see that one of the upstream power levels is currently out of spec.  This will be causing problems to the overall connection.  I'd like to get an engineer out to get this sorted for you.

I've sent you a PM to arrange an appointment, drop me a reply when you get chance and I'll book that in asap.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spookyville,

Just letting you know I've booked an engineer and sent you a PM to confirm.

Let us know how it goes Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Spookyville
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And text received cancelling said engineer due to fault in area. You are on the verge of losing a customer to BT Infinity 2 right now.

0 Kudos
simo_285
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Latency has always been an issue with Virgin Broadband.

i have an Xbox 1 also and Microsoft states u need below 150 on latency testing.

i have never seen Virgin below that even off peak.

makes game play poor online as anyone running better latency can see you before you see them. 

Virgin will never sort this issue i'm looking into moving provider because of the lack of service Virgin offers, you can use like you say BT and the LATENCY is below that target of 150. Even sky is below that.

couple of my friend run ADSL and have better latency than i do when running 100mb download.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Spookyville,

Really sorry for the engineer cancellation, I've just sent you a PM with a bit more info.

Kev

0 Kudos