Menu
james030590
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Massive lag spikes while gaming (League of Legends)

I have been with virgin media for a couple of months and everything has been fine. A few days ago my friend and i who both play league of legends and are both virgin customers (live on different streets and connected to different cabinets) have been getting massive lag spikes and disconnects at the exact same times while playing.

We communicate through skype so know this to be the case. We both lag real bad for 4 or 5 seconds every 5 to 10 minutes. Which to anyone who plays the game knows is really annoying and makes it not worth playing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive lag spikes while gaming (League of Legends)

Hey there james030590,

Thanks for joining and a big welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection at the moment. May I ask if you're using a wireless or a hard-wired connection when you notice the problems? I've ran tests on your Hub and everything is reporting normal. Do you notice the same problems on multiple devices?

Catch you soon,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

mbozaritchie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Heather,

Please cease the canned responses and actually admit that VM have an issue with latency, especially those users who are attempting to use the service for online gaming.

These forums, and many others, are awash with users who are VM customers reporting the same issue. It cannot be simply a "wired or wireless" issue.

Please do us the common courtesy and start treating us like adults.
james030590
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a wired connection, and the problem has persisted all weekend again. Everything has been fine for the first few months of being a customer, and now the connection whilst playing league of legends ( the only online game I play) is terrible, ping is fine but packet loss of 10+ per minute which makes the game unplayable.

As I says before I play in a group, myself and a friend both virgin media customers connected to different cabinets a couple of streets apart have the exact same lag at the exact same time, and it began on the same day for us both, approximately 2 weeks ago now. The other 2, one who lives 2 houses away but is a sky customer, connections are perfect.

Take from that what u may but it tells me the problem isn't with my home network, or my pc.

Thank you for your reply
0 Kudos
james030590
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey james030590,

Thanks for the additional info Smiley Happy

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused by this. Does Modem Mode make any difference at all?

Hope you have a great weekend and take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos