Menu
mattd75
Dialled in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Massive Ping Problems

Ever since I moved into my new property I have had massive ping problems. I have tried restarting the device and tried both on wifi and LAN, with multiple devices and the problem persits. Often it is so bad that I will completely lag out of the game every few mins, and get a constant ping of 300+ to an EU server which i would usually get 50. Ive noticed it will get substantial worse during games, however I have observed it without any game as well.

Using a superhub 3, unfortunetly not account holder however am able to give any member of staff the MAC of the router and address of the property. 

Upstream, Downstream, and Network log as follows, as well as 3 days of the ping snapshot

Upstream: http://prntscr.com/c193z4

Downstream (in two parts): http://prntscr.com/c19635 http://prntscr.com/c196sc

Network log (last few days): http://prntscr.com/c194fo

My Broadband Ping - New HomeMy Broadband Ping - New HomeMy Broadband Ping - New Home

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive Ping Problems

Yes you have a hub 3....

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mattd75,

Really sorry to hear about the connection issues that you've been facing.

I've refreshed the levels and can't detect any faults with the equipment and the network segment also looks to be okay at present.

I would recommend re-testing your connection and changing the wireless settings, to improve this type of connection.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
mattd75
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

This occurs both on wireless and wired connections. The thinkbroadband graph is independent of the connection from the router to my pc. This problem is not a problem between the router and the pc, instead it is either the modem (which with my history of virgins modems this is very likely the problem as quite frankly the modems are awful), or it is a problem between the modem and your side. We have two modems on different connections in the property and through both the same problem arises through both but they are slightly different. They reach the same peak levels and the 2nd router is currently not used by anyone and is therefor running with no load placed on it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would not get too hung up on the BQM...HUB3 BQM's always look pants, but the ones with real issues you'll see constant blue spiking...your average latency is bumping along the bottom nicely.

What does a constant ping to gateway say?

What does ping look like on something like pingplotter?

What does a tracert to to a server you are playing on look like?

0 Kudos
mattd75
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Constant ping to google shows about 30 constantly with a spike 100+ every min. Often when playing any online game i will time out the ping will also time out complete to any server or website for 10-30 seconds, and even if it reconnects it seems the modem shuts the port or something as it will then just freeze and not send anything or recieve them after that, but once it reaches this stage all the ping and website work fine. This happens in every single online game and therefore I highly doubt it is a problem the games server end. If I ping the modem only, and compare when there is a spike to google there is a slight spike on the modem but not with the same increase as the google ping (if that makes sence)

Havnt had ping plotter running but will run it for the next 24 hours and then post but likely to show teh same as what I am getting from ping test.

Tracert dosnt pick anything up usually as it is the ping spiking and to capture it at the exact moment of tracert is kinda hard.

The ping spikes are kinda bearable, its the constant disconnects and what seems to just look like the modem unable to deal with the traffic which annoys me.
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

ask for a SH2 if you want better latency.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

When you say you have two routers, do you mean you have two HUBS or one HUB and two routers?

0 Kudos
mattd75
Dialled in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

2 SuperHubs3, they are on different lines as far as I know

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattd75,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this.

We are only able to provide one SuperHub per household/account.

I am still struggling to detect any issues with either the equipment or network segment at present.

I can see that your SuperHub is currently in router mode and I am unable to see any level issues.

Please let me know if you're still experiencing any faults with this.

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos