Menu
LukeTan
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Massive Ping/Lag Spikes

Hi, my wifi for the past few days has been acting up. It will go from being a steady ping (20-40ms) for about a minute to jumping up to 2000+ms for a few seconds. This makes it impossible to play PC games as when this spike happens the server will kick me, timing out the connection. Any help with how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
Julian19
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive Ping/Lag Spikes

Hi , I have the same problem but it ` s a  few days since it started, and all i can say after speaking with someone on the phone and after they made some checking and tests to configurate something on the network , big surprise it s the same , i spent more then 1 hour on the phone and nothing and at the end of the discution when i was telling them that I am not pleased by these services they treansfered me to a robot and after 5 minutes they just hang up. Smiley Mad 

0 Kudos
Dischordant
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive Ping/Lag Spikes

See if it still happens with a wired connection. If that is not possible to test something you could try is just choose a different channel number under your wireless network settings on your router. I had a similar issue when a neighbour changed their wireless and I was getting interference caused by their internet access due to using a similar channel.

0 Kudos