Menu
tjs91
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Massive Latency + Disconnects

Hello

I'm getting huge amounts of latency causing me to get disconnected from games such as world of warcraft and league of legends, but it's not localised to one game. 

Also having freezing twitch streams and general slow browsing.

I have 200Mbps service, speed test is showing about 80-100Mbps during the lag spikes.

I wouldn't be surprised if my younger brother was the cause but on a 200Mbps service I can't imagine what would be hammering the line to badly I'm getting dc'd?

What can I do to troubleshoot my latency problem?

P.S. I am not dropping connectivity entirely (PC-wise) and am using a wired connection direct into the superhub with no other networking equipment involved.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Massive Latency + Disconnects

If you are using a HUB, it could well be your younger brother. And all he would need to be doing is streaming a Youtube video. HUB has no QOS so packets get sent as they arrive at the HUB, so gaming packets take their turn with all the other data, instead of being prioritised like a higher end router would.

Lets test it- switch of the WiFi, unplug everything except your PC, play a few matches. Problem gone? Its lack of QOS. if NOT, its another issue, post back and we can troubleshoot further for you.

0 Kudos
tjs91
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Am I right in saying the superhub cannot do QoS, and I'd need to look into getting a new router for that?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yup. None of the HUBS have QOS settings.

0 Kudos