Menu
Reuben1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Major Lag On Xbox One

For a month now i have been trying to play online on my xbox one. It's rare for me to get into a game as my connection is very poor. When i get into a game i receive constant lag and rubber banding issues when trying to play, it is unplayable. Mid way through most games i get booted off the servers and struggle to rejoin. This has been happening for a month now and i'm beginning to become fed up with it.

Is there anything i can do to fix this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Major Lag On Xbox One

Hi Reuben1,

Welcome to the community, hopefully we can help with the lag problems, frustrating for you.

I've run a few checks on your connection from this and and nothing jumps out fault wise to explain any latency, how's the X-box connected wired or wireless?

Do you experience any similar issues with other connected devices?

From a diagnostic point of view it may be an idea to place the Superhub into modem mode and wired directly to your X-box to see if this helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Reuben1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ralph_R 

Thanks for the reply. My Xbox is connected wirelessly as i have no way of it being able to reach my xbox when it's wired. I think this may be causing the problem but i am not able to fix the problem as i cannot get it connected. Is there a way where i can get another broadband box, which can be closer to my xbox to connect it wirelessly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Reuben1

Thanks for getting back to us. A wired connection is definitely the way to go for a more stability when playing online. Powerline adaptors are a great way to get around the distance issue and achieve a wired connection. I've included a link here with some more information Smiley Happy To get the hub moved you would need to give our team a quick call on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111. I've also included a link with some tips on improving the wireless connection would could also help,. 

Let us know how you get on 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules