Menu
tom1192
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Maintenance Issue

Hi,

I'm not one to be picky or complain but this is getting out of hand now. For 3 and a half months and what a nightmare it has been, I have not been able to use my internet. I use my services solely for gaming. Apparently, after 3 weeks of talking to the Virgin Media team I was eventually told there was a Utilization fault in my area and the estimated fix was the 31st of August 2016, bearing in mind this was back in April. So, day in, day out my internet becomes unusable from around 5pm till 12.30am due to the fault. This fault includes ping/ms constantly spiking around 100-300ms in everything I play. After many phone calls for status updates I finally give up and just wait till today (31st August) thinking the fault would be repaired after being told by about 15 different employees that it would be THAT date. Here I am, testing my online gaming and to no surprise the spikes appear. I go ahead to contacting the Virgin Team again asking them if it had been repaired. The reply I got was;  Engineers are still working on the fault. The estimated fix date is by 26 October 2016. ANOTHER 2 months! I don't know whether it's just me but this is ridiculous. It will be around 6 months in total with faulty services and realistically I am paying for something I cannot use as the reason I pay for these services are for gaming. Sorry but this is an absolute nightmare. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Maintenance Issue

Hey there tom1192,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the slow speeds and poor performance that you're currently experiencing, I know this can be really frustrating.

I've taken a look at the fault in your area under ref: F004464244, the fault will be reviewed on the 26/10 as you know, on this date we will get an update on the progress that's been made.

I know this is more or less what you've already been told and again I apologise for any inconvenience caused. For now, please try and connect with an Ethernet cable where possible.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos