Menu
Kaichu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Low upload speed affecting Overwatch on ps4?

Hi, I get lag that frequently makes the game unplayable. I just port forwarded and it made it a tad better but I'm getting upload speeds between 0.5-3mb and I've been told that's probably the issue. I'm on the 50mb package atm and no of my other friends have this issue with worse Internet. My ps4 is fine too as I've never had this issue with any other games... Help?
0 Kudos
Kaichu
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low upload speed affecting Overwatch on ps4?

Done a ping test and it has average of 154ms with 0% packet loss. I understand this is bad?
0 Kudos
Kaichu
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Now getting upload speeds of 600kb.
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kaichu,

it may be worth setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor over at thinkbroadband.com/ping - it can highlight connection issues and help forum users and the VM team to figure out if there is an issue somewhere along the line.

Also head over to dslreports.com/speedtest and do a test there and keep an eye on the buffer bloat metric. This can make online gaming a nightmare as packets are dropped when they're in the local gateway's (SuperHub) buffer too long. However if you have excessive buffer bloat, there isn't a great deal you can do with the SuperHub and improving it means buying additional hardware and this can get costly quite quickly.

0 Kudos
Kaichu
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Not really sure what any of this means tbh. Hope you guys can see some way to resolve it through these. Thanks! My Broadband Ping - Kai net
0 Kudos
Kaichu
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ignore all the red, it's an issue that's supposed to be getting fixed
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kaichu

Really sorry you are having a problem with upload speed. It looks like we have high peak time traffic on the area upstreams and this may cause you some reduced bandwidth, I have raised it to our network team to take a look F005171623. Please bump the thread in a few days so we may update you.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos