Menu
Pimmalage
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Low speed, High ping and packet loss during evenings (WN4 Area)

Past 3-4 Days we've had completely unusable speeds and ping (Upwards of 500 ping), to the point the Superhub crashes forcing us to restart. I understand a small amount of slow down during evenings but it's getting progressively worse each night, For a 100mb Package to be unusable for even the most basic of things isn't what we want to pay for.

I was just wondering if any work was being done to alleviate this issue.

ThinkBroadband-BQM / Speed test

218c2f441e487a998b327527522ec55d-04-09-2016

0 Kudos
Pimmalage
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Low speed, High ping and packet loss during evenings (WN4 Area)

Just to update, still getting worse and worse, Worked out the 'crashes' are related to our ip being changed during usage. The ip has been changed upto 2 times a day forcing us to restart the router (No amount of restarting devices/Pc's fixes it). Graphs and speedtest from today (13/09 - 8:30pm) Red from BQM is because the ip changed.

No update on whether work or fixing is being done in the area?

5628512762663bd8b57724ff9b0b7d5a05a719574e-13-09-2016

0 Kudos
Pimmalage
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to update,again (Since no edit post) Magically becomes usable after 12pm presumably when the traffic management, which we shouldn't get if we're on 100mb package -- and if so it should only effect upload speed unless i'm reading it wrong. (Out upload being unhindered from it's usual 6Mb)

45ad5c0a7f001cab2c1477dedbd93a8d-14-09-2016

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there Pimmalage,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Really sorry to read about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I know this can be irritating.

I don't believe this is down to traffic management as I'm not seeing any records on your account. However, I can see that we're currently working on fault: F003744520 in your area which is due for review on the 21st Dec. This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

I know this isn't the news you were hoping for, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Pimmalage
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still nothing done yet. Still unusable speeds in the evening, getting nowhere near our usual speeds from a few months back even in off-peak.

58JCXiM

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pimmalage,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry you're still having speed issues.

I've checked this out on the account and the review date has been updated to 18th January. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos