Menu
tiredofurshyt
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

League of legends lag but internet is fine

VM has been causing issues for people trying to play league of legends for a few years now and we're not being updated on why exactly this isn't being solved.

I called 150 and was advised that I should add some ports to the port forwarding in the superhub, I got the ports from league of legends forums but it had no effect.

I'll be happy to switch to BT if this carries on.

Connected via wire, problems only on league of legends and (thinking of what else question you're gonna ask to stall..) hmm..

http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=369839a0-2401-1f6b71f9-438b-4c41-9ee5

Untitled1.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: League of legends lag but internet is fine

Post a trace route to the server you are connecting to.

0 Kudos
tiredofurshyt
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Solved it

gotta enable DMZ after putting the ports in and then wait 30 minutes before restarting pc

the first guy I spoke to didn't tell my I had to enable DMZ, but the second guy did.

Looks like there is some incompetency in the workplace, get it fixed

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tiredofurshyt wrote:

VM has been causing issues for people trying to play league of legends for a few years now and we're not being updated on why exactly this isn't being solved.

I called 150 and was advised that I should add some ports to the port forwarding in the superhub, I got the ports from league of legends forums but it had no effect.

I'll be happy to switch to BT if this carries on.

Solved it

gotta enable DMZ after putting the ports in and then wait 30 minutes before restarting pc

the first guy I spoke to didn't tell my I had to enable DMZ, but the second guy did.

Looks like there is some incompetency in the workplace, get it fixed

So not VM causing issues for years?

Actually port forwarding  and putting it in DMZ are mutually exclusive.  Sounds like you messed up the port forwarding.  2nd "Tech guy" has realised this and advised you to use DMZ.  For once the incompetence is NOT in the call center.

Classic case of PICNIC.

0 Kudos
tiredofurshyt
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The first guy knew I was completely new to this stuff, so he should have completely walked me through it.

The underpaid Indian you've outsourced to did his job a lot better than you lot.

And who's the expert? Me or him?

It was incompetency.

And if you get your head out of your **bleep** and google around, you can see that VM is the only ISP that has been causing issues for league of legends players.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How did I, a customer of VM like you out source ANY jobs ? Im not employed by VM and have no connection with them except that I use their services.

FYI its not just VM..

https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/BT-issue-with-Riot-Games-League-of-Legends/td-p/...

http://forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2065278

http://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Problem-with-online-game-League-of-Legends/td-p/1...

I'm not trying to argue with you. You came on shouting the odds about incompetence, when the problem was easily fixed with 3 minutes and a quick Google.  I will cheerfully put the boot in when CS mess up, I have called for VM to sort it out for years. But in this case, they actually did a decent job of sorting out something you could have done yourself. LAN side is NOTHING to do with VM. They are only supposed to support your WAN side connection. So they've gone above and beyond what they HAVE to do.

Most of the time they are rubbish- they get sod all training and are tasked to get through calls as fast as possible. But lets not slag them off when they actually do something right for a change.

0 Kudos