Menu
kaisabulini
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

League of legend problems

Hi, i'm here in Swansea to visit my girl and since i experienced some huge internet problems.

Before she moved to this new place, we were using Eduroam and Keysurf and even tho sometimes it got lag spike ( during rain etc ) but it was totally fine.

Now she moved to this new place, and it's using Virgin Media, I've experienced some huge problems, now i'm not talking about 200 ms or 250 ms, i'm talking about 1000 ms to 19000 ms. I'm from Sweden myself and the connections i had was much faster and yet more stable, but this can not be normal cause i got friends in UK and they are doing fine. 

I've been waiting for 2 weeks to see if the problem can get fixed, but it's not. I'm using her laptop and wireless connection, hub 3.0. I've tried to reboot it, tried to reset it, none of these helped. Most of the time i've using the ping command in windows and 'ping riot.de -t' to see if the connection is ok or not. Sometimes it's stable, by stable i meant 8/10 is 50 ms, and 2/10 is 100 something ms. When it gets unstable, it can be everything from 200 to 9999, and even timeout, at it lasts for a really long period.

I just had a game before i posted this, we lost due to i got 2000 to 10000 ms and then it shows that the game is trying to reconnect. I tried to open YouTube on my iPhone when that happened, it was fine. The weird thing this time is that the pings got back to normal as soon as the game ended. What is this? and what can i do with it? Note that sometimes i get huge pings even tho i didn't start any game or client yet.

Right now i'm trying to contact the staffs from the homepage, but unluckily it's not available right now. 

Everything about this trip to UK was perfect but this internet thing. Now i will be leaving in 1 week, but i still hope someone can help me so my girl doesn't have to suffer this same damned problem after i go.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
kaisabulini
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: League of legend problems

right, new information, just had a game right now, ping shows a stable 50 ms, but i felt like i got some packet loss, so i used the ping command after game, 5/10 50 ms, 1/10 120 ms, 4/10 Time out. Took me ages to open any site so i guess it's not only for the game.

I was having lag etc, but usually around 2 to 5 am it's fine, now that i get so many time out, i guess it got worse, i really hope they fix the help tab, or someone can tell me what's going on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: League of legend problems

Hi kaisaulini,

Welcome to our Forum and welcome to Swansea - this is where the Forum Team is based - hope you're enjoying the rain!

With regards to your high ping query - I've fully tested your connection and can honestly find no issue. Your Hub is sitting on a fairly new CMTS (cable modem termination station) that is not affected by any capacity or SNR (signal to noise ratio) issues. Power levels on the Hub are optimal with no timeouts. 
I do note a high number of wireless devices connected and wonder if you've tried a connection via Ethernet? A wired connection is always recommended for gaming and is the first thing we'll ask you to try.

If the ping times are still high at that point I'll investigate this further.

If they're not I'd like to direct you to our help pages which offer advice on how to optimise one's wireless signal.

Keep me updated & God kväll Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos