Menu
Naxtilian
Tuning in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

League of Legends Problems 2

The problem is not fixed. Yes you can now connect to league of legends. However since I have been able to play again I have played around 30 games and in each game I would be disconnected 1-2 times every 10 minutes and my latency would be at 80-300 ms when normally its a steady 25 ms. This problem appears to only be happening with LoL. My internet is working perfectly for everything else.

0 Kudos
adodonnell
Joining in
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: League of Legends Problems 2

Exactly the same problem. No longer need to use google's DNS servers to log in but I frequently get ping spikes that go into the 500 region whilst playing League.

Please help
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hello Naxtilian

Thank you for the update and sorry for the LOL problems, I wonder what is going on.

The area data looks quite good but I notice that the downstream power levels measured at the hub are too high:

VM SUPER HUB Downstream 0 10.5 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB Downstream 1 10.9 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB Downstream 2 10.8 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB Downstream 4 11.0 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB Downstream 5 10.8 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB Downstream 6 10.7 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB Downstream 7 10.3 dBmV

I also show quite a few timeouts on the modem and yet the area upstreams look good. I think it is best we send an engineer to take a look please. I will send you a private message to arrange an appointment.

Please also would you give the hub a reboot so it resets our network counters and we may monitor from then on.

Thank you, speak soon
Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hello adodonnell

We will do our best to help, sorry for the lag and poor gaming experience, there seems to be a couple of issues affecting your connection.

There is an area problem with over-utilisation at peak times and this may lead to high lag sorry. We are aware ref F003518359 and would like to carry out some upgrade work the 2nd quarter of this year. At the moment it is at the planning stage so we have no firm dates sorry. The review date is 29 APR 2015, please ask for an update anytime and we will be happy to keep you informed of our progress. Please accept our apologies and give us a call to discuss a loss of service credit until we get this fixed.

The other issue is that the downstream power levels received at the hub are way too high:

VM SUPER HUB 2AC Downstream 0 14.3 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2AC Downstream 1 14.0 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2AC Downstream 2 14.2 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2AC Downstream 3 14.2 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2AC Downstream 4 14.6 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2AC Downstream 5 14.4 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2AC Downstream 6 14.3 dBmV
VM SUPER HUB 2AC Downstream 7 14.5 dBmV

This may cause you some connection problems and it is best we let an engineer take a look please. I will send you a private message to arrange an appointment.

Thank you, speak soon Smiley Happy
Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hello adodonnell

Thank you for getting back, I have booked you an engineer appointment.

Please check your PMs for details.

Good luck with the visit, please let us know how it goes.

Have a great weekend Smiley Happy

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Hwoaranggg
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Think there's quite a lot of people experiencing these issues, I know I am for one. Tried using Virgin DNS at least once a day the past few days and it's just unplayable so I'm bouncing round so many different UK DNS servers to try stay stable and not a lot of them works.

Thing is it's just League. No other game I've noticed whether I'm on Virgin DNS or a open public DNS has these problems and I play WoW a lot which never has these issues. Not quite sure what else to do. I switch off the router at night every other day and flushed the DNS god knows how many times.

Bit clueless going forward.

Naxtilian
Tuning in
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I read on a Riot forum post that virgin media sub contracted another company to do something with the DNS after Riot did something with a patch or something with the server

0 Kudos
briantao
Joining in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Ye, i have exactly same issues.

I just solved this problem a few weeks ago which changed my DNS server as Riots proposed

But just on yesterday this problem is coming again, and i just have no idea how to make it works again

0 Kudos
Naxtilian
Tuning in
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Found out yesterday that its not only with league. Had no problem with my other games as they are offline games lol. tested my ping about 20 times in the last 24 hours and its constantly 300-900 ms on pingtest.net and all my online games lag to hell with dc's every 5-10 minutes.

flunkydunky
Joining in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Me too - exactly the same issue.

DNS changes with Virgin seems to be the issue. Thinking of moving to another provider, I'm very tired of this issue... 

0 Kudos