Menu
Christopher1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

League of Legend (Ping Spikes)

Hi, For the last 3 months i've been suffering from ping spikes when playing LoL every 5-10 minutes my ping will jump to anywhere between 500 - 1500 ms by the time it goes back to normal i'm usually dead because i can't move which takes away the fun and adds frustration when playing, I've contacted riot games about this and tried all their suggestions, Change DNS settings, Make exception in firewall setting, Added game server ips to port forwarding, Updated my ethernet drivers, Ran the hextech repair tool, Reset my superhub 1 using the pin hole none of the above worked so i reinstalled the game and still had the same problem, I'm on a 50mb connection connected through wired ethernet, Ive found out if i put the superhub into modem mode i get no ping spikes which leads me to believe that there is nothing wrong with my line and nothing wrong on riot game side, Only when playing through router mode i suffer from ping spikes, Unfortunately i can't keep the superhub in modem mode, Is this a problem with the routing side of my superhub? Any help suggestions tips on fixing this would be greatly appreciated, If you need any further information i'd be happy to post it here, Have a merry christmas@all.         

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: League of Legend (Ping Spikes)

Known issue with SHUB1- Latency ramps over time. Reset cures it temporarily. Sound familiar?

You need to talk to retention's , 150 from a VM land line, thinking of leaving us (option 4,5) during UK office hours.

Tell them your SHUB1 is suffering from repeated latency ramping and the WiFi is not fit for purpose. You should be able to snag an upgrade to SHUB2 or SHUB2AC for cost of postage.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Known issue with SHUB1- Latency ramps over time. Reset cures it temporarily. Sound familiar?

You need to talk to retention's , 150 from a VM land line, thinking of leaving us (option 4,5) during UK office hours.

Tell them your SHUB1 is suffering from repeated latency ramping and the WiFi is not fit for purpose. You should be able to snag an upgrade to SHUB2 or SHUB2AC for cost of postage.

0 Kudos
Christopher1972
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kippies, Thank you for your reply and for the information you posted, Yes, It sounds well familiar you definitely know what your talking about, Been with VM way back when it was NTL i'll be staying loyal i'm reasonably happy with their service however i will be contacting them about this, Thank you again.
0 Kudos