Menu
Highlighted
ilapa
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Latency spikes while playing - Area 14

Hi there, it's my first time posting here so apologies if I made something wrong. It's been almost a month that we are with Virgin with the gamer package and I noticed while playing League of Legends latency changes between 40ms to 80~100ms, which is quite random. We had Sky before and it was locked on 23ms.

Here's some screenshots from the Network status:

configuration.PNGdownstream.PNGnetwork_status.PNGupstream.PNG

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Latency spikes while playing - Area 14

Hello ilapa,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the forum!

Really sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your connection. When I've tested your network from our end I can see that your downstream power levels are out of range. I'd like to make arrangements for an engineer to visit you. I'll confirm an appointment via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello ilapa,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the forum!

Really sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your connection. When I've tested your network from our end I can see that your downstream power levels are out of range. I'd like to make arrangements for an engineer to visit you. I'll confirm an appointment via PM (purple envelope, top right).

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

ilapa
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello there! Sadly I'm back again with sad news. It's been almost 2 weeks that I'm experiencing, again, latency spikes and slow internet connection. Paying for 200Mb and having a download stream of 40Mb...

Here's the latest screenshots, hope to figure out what's going on, more now that I received an email from Virgin saying that the contract price will increase...

configuraiton.PNGdownstream.PNGstatus.PNGupstream.PNG 

0 Kudos
Cocothecat
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am from area 14 also, same issue constantly ping spikes whilst gaming. i would just suggest if there is no fix to look elsewhere because i was with plusnet previously and i had fixed ping response of around 15ms and with virgin media it spikes between 20-70 every time i ping bbc.co.uk. I will be switching if this issue is not sorted shortly its effecting all my friends in the area to.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there ilapa,

Thanks for posting back here.

Sorry to learn you are having an issue with latency and slow speeds.

Looking at your line, everything has come back as fine with no errors. The power levels are within range, there are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

With the speed tests, are you testing through a wired or wireless connection? If wireless can you try through wired please to see if there is a difference.

Can you create a Broadband Quality Monitor which will check the performance of your connection. The firewall will need to be disabled within the router settings for this to work.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Cocothecat
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey samantha, here is the bqm in router mode

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/c138bd5f3f0d41aa89c045a244420f346e...

Modem mode using my asus acrt-88u. Speeds are fine its just latency while gaming and random packet loss. Alot of people have vm in my area and the engineer said most likely the exchange needs work doing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/d32e20dda06690daa37a9b51ca55087a1b80e2c9...
0 Kudos