Menu
crisper
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Latency, lagging and dropping out

Hi,
All help greatly appreciated.
My teenage son is driving me mad because his Xbox One is driving him mad. He plays Fifa17 and Battlefield 1, with friends, and is constantly being dropped out momentarily and having very bad lagging problems. He has on average about 20meg download and 5 upload but a latency of 165. MS suggests a max latency of 150 to play multiplayer. And to add to mystery, latency on a Speedtest on home internet is about 13.
All required ports on super hub have been added by VM, and MS support no help.
Anyone please
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency, lagging and dropping out

Hey crisper,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the connection to your son's XBOX.

I've taken a look at your connection and nothing is standing out in error. Is his XBOX connected by a wireless or a hard-wired connection? Do you know what NAT type he's got? If you test your speed on a hard-wired laptop or PC what results will you typically get?

Please get back to us so we can investigate further.

Thanks again.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
crisper
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Latency, lagging and dropping out

Thanks Heather.
I have upgraded to superhub3, cleared his cache , had one of your colleagues input updated ports by remote, done a few hard reboots on the Xbox; and things , he says, are better.
The Nat type is open, typically he gets 17meg download and 5 upload, and latency is around 17. But through the Xbox it is 165.
Many thanks for your help
0 Kudos