Menu
Achmedj1
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Lagging online

I keep getting bad speeds the best I would get is 15mbps d/l speed and 4.5mbps u/l speed which isn't great but sometimes I would get below mbps for upload speed so I lag online quite a lot. If I'm getting these kinds of speeds then why am I paying this much for your Internet
0 Kudos
quonciu
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lagging online

point of this forum is not to sort problems, but to bully you that work is happening

state of service for last 4mnts is awful, and forum team just want get you busy until other shift start

no help at all

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello there Achmedj1,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds at the moment, I know this can be disappointing.

Are you testing your wireless or hard-wired speeds? Ideally we would need to see results of an Ethernet connection. If you don't have a cable, let me know and I can post you one.

Do you have slow speeds on multiple devices, or just the one?

Speak with you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Achmedj1
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's usually my ps4 that can be slow but sometimes my phone as well. I can't do modem mode because there are other people my house
0 Kudos
Achmedj1
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

And I'm testing my speeds on wireless
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Achmedj1,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've taken a look at your connection, and the downstream power levels are too high. For this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003933493 and has a review date of 28th June. Do you notice these speeds at all times of the day or just during peak hours?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
WildWayz
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, the speedtest in the PS4's networking is terrible. Downloads are super-slow and uploads aren't good. It's the way they handle the TCP/IP packet sizes etc  when I switched to using a proxy on my PC as the go-between, speeds drastically improved - from taking several hours to download a game to 10 mins, depending on size. 

What game are you having issues with too?

0 Kudos
Achmedj1
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mortal kombat x
Fifa
Call of duty
0 Kudos