Menu
szczupack
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lagging during online gaming.

Hi there.

So past few months (close to 4 i think) I've been experiencing poor ping. Was playing mainly CS:GO during december so I simply assumed that was on valves end - they're known for that. But since then i've still been having lags in csgo as well as dota2 and recently smite.

Now, usually when i play either my daughter or wife is using wireless (mine is wired - daugther is using amazon stick - wife on her laptop) and my mobile is usually connected to wifi, but not much used. Lags are present as well when its just me in the house.

Today i've been reading up a bit about these issues, so ive set up BQM and this is what i have so far

BQM

It was while netflix was used throughout the day on amazon stick, and sometimes on my phone or PC.

Not sure if im reading it right but for 100Mb connection it seems particularly high on minimum ping not to mention constant maximum being well over 100.

I'll set myself up with modem mode around 8ish to check if there will be any difference to it, but was wondering if anyone can have a look at that in meantime.

Kind regards

szczupack

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lagging during online gaming.

Yes it runs stable in modem mode with router mode you have to reboot at some point.

szczupack
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well, after putting it in modem mode and back to normal it seems like everything went to normal. Please close.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi szczupack,

I'm really sorry that we didn't reach your thread in time to help. But I'm glad that legacy1's advice worked for you, so thanks for posting an update.

Please make sure you come back to us on here if you need support with anything else Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos