Menu
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lag

Hi, im still suffering with major lag and it happens in every game i try and play and im starting to get fed up with it now its a joke.
im paying for a connection that is more than good enough for gaming.
i watch other people playing and its absolute perfect and smooth for them and for some reason when i play im suffering with crippling lag.
i have tried everything to fix this problem and no success.
sorry, but i personally think virgin is the reason for this lag. cant be anything else.
im just fed up now, its not funny anymore.
0 Kudos
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag

Virgin you need to help me
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Derpofii2,

You never responded to your other thread I posted on over a month ago:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/xbox-live/m-p/2903198#M17258

Everything on your connection looks perfectly healthy and your traceroutes looked normal. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If my connection was so fine then why would ii be wasting my time posting on here?
Clearly something is wrong
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Already tried.
virgin are just terrible for gaming. i see post after post after post on here from people complaining about latency in gaming.
i get lag in every game i play which means virgin are the problem
Im just probably going to switch isp when i can
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Derpofii2,

This is getting out of hand. I've responded on a few of your threads and you just start another without running any further tests so can we please keep this just to this thread and get to the bottom of this.

Now I've checked your connection again and everything on our end looks perfectly fine. 

As it's been some time since you last posted one could you post another traceroute the server you play on. Preferably one in modem mode and one in router mode. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So is the lag
ive already provided traceroutes and they show same results as last time.
contacted xbox suppport and cod and they say the latency is on my isp end i have lag in every competitive game i try and play.
my connection is apparently perfectly fine but gaming is unbearable.
doesnt make any sense. frustrated isnt the word
0 Kudos
derprofii2
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The only other thing that could be causing it isy superhub 2
0 Kudos
AndrewHardy
Up to speed
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Can't believe I've just read a forum team member trying to pass off a problem with lag as the customers problem. Everything's fine with VM is it John? I seriously beg to differ. The evidence in this forum category alone is enough to give you proof that VM are terrible for gaming. I even supplied a video of how rubbish it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TWAiaV4aGo

In fact, VM over the last 12 months have be terrible for everything broadband. You lot should have just stuck with planes & trains.

@derprofii2 You commented on my forum post 'Gaming with Virgin Media'. You already know it's not your fault mate. Don't take the forum teams lies. Get out when you can and never look back, there's much better out there. Remember, quality & stability over speed, or lack there of in VM's case.