Menu
RossMc1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lag whilst playing FIFA 16 and black ops 3

Since using the Superhub 2 I've started getting random internet dropouts and I would be disconnected from Xbox live for a few seconds and reconnected straight after.

Then I started using a wired connection from my Xbox to the Superhub and this issue has stopped although I still get lag while I play black ops 3 and low latency on FIFA. Occasionally also my download speed becomes very low despite having 100mbps download.

Any fixes for this that are known?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lag whilst playing FIFA 16 and black ops 3

Hi RossMc1,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're still getting lag now that you're connected via ethernet. I've checked your connection and can see that you're affected by fault F004713705 which will cause poor speeds at peak times such as evenings and weekends. This is due for review 06/10/16.

Are you only seeing these lags only in the evening or at other times? If at all times there may be another cause, unfortunately both FIFA and COD are have issues with lag due to their popularity. Does this happen with any other games?

If you could get back to us and let us know, that would be great Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi RossMc1

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F004713705) and our engineers are working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 2nd November.

Within this time the upgrade work itself can involve: implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc. which require planning permission. Nearer the review date the engineers will assess the issue and if there is an improvement the fault will be closed down. If there are still issues with bandwidth they will continue with additional work. 

I know this is frustration to say the least and now that FIFA 17 has been released. I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi RossMc1,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're still getting lag now that you're connected via ethernet. I've checked your connection and can see that you're affected by fault F004713705 which will cause poor speeds at peak times such as evenings and weekends. This is due for review 06/10/16.

Are you only seeing these lags only in the evening or at other times? If at all times there may be another cause, unfortunately both FIFA and COD are have issues with lag due to their popularity. Does this happen with any other games?

If you could get back to us and let us know, that would be great Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
RossMc1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, hopefully that fault will be fixed but I've found that on call of duty I do get the lag and even when I'm on a four bar connection which is odd because I've tried last years call of duty and that is fine. It only seems to be black ops 3 that has the problem but I'm unsure of any issue on the game that would cause it and also my friends don't get the lag so it's pretty confusing.

0 Kudos
RossMc1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is there any info on whether or not the fault is being worked on at the moment? As a few other games have become unbareable recently. Also with FIFA 17 coming out in the next few days I'll be unable to play with a good experience due to the connection issues.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi RossMc1

Thanks for posting back on the community.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F004713705) and our engineers are working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 2nd November.

Within this time the upgrade work itself can involve: implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc. which require planning permission. Nearer the review date the engineers will assess the issue and if there is an improvement the fault will be closed down. If there are still issues with bandwidth they will continue with additional work. 

I know this is frustration to say the least and now that FIFA 17 has been released. I am sorry for the delay and inconvenience caused.

One of my colleagues will be in touch shortly with more information in regards to this issue.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RossMc1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply, it's been much more helpful than when we called virgin. I'm just hoping it will be improved because last time they told us October 6th then now November 2nd. It just gets slightly frustrating when the speeds are good throughout the morning and day until around 6/7pm

0 Kudos