Menu
H_Atterbury
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lag spikes in CS:GO

Hi, I've been having an issue recently with the game CS:GO, specifically online.

Whenever I'm in a game, I suffer from absolutely dreadful lag spikes which affect my performance in said game. I cannot deal with lag spikes every single round and the only thing it could possibly be now is the internet. I do not suffer from packet loss and there is no choke nearly 100% of the time. I'm running a wired connection via a router extension. If anyone has a solution, please feel free to share it.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag spikes in CS:GO

Hi H_Atterbury,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble with CS:GO. There are some well known issues with EU servers recently that are causing poor latency for players on these servers. I've just checked your connection and everything looks perfectly healthy from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention are all fine. 

Could you run a traceroute to the server you play on and post it here for us to take a look at?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
H_Atterbury
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, first off thanks for responding.

Next I can't actually traceroute to a specific server, I use a third-party matchmaking service which has servers in the UK, Netherlands, Germany, France and

Sweden. Would it help if I pinged my internet using the command prompt and entering "ping 'ip address' -t"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi H_Atterbury,

Thanks for letting us know. That does however raised a few more questions.

Does this matchmaking service have a routing server that directs you to the other servers at all? Do you only see the lag spikes when you're using this service?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos