Menu
DavidM1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lag spikes - COD Black Ops 3

Hi,

I recently got an Xbox One and BO3 for Christmas, but whenever I try to play multiplayer I get frequent lag spikes. Could someone please check that everything with my connection is OK? Even though I'm meant to get 100Mbps, I never get more than 80 even through a wired connection - not too bothered about this since I don't do much online that would require this speed, but the random ping increases (normally 20-30 but increases to 400 every two minutes or so) in game are an issue for me and I'm wondering if the two are related.

Thanks in advance,

David

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lag spikes - COD Black Ops 3

Hello David

So sorry you are having a few problems with ping spikes we will do our best to help.

From here your connection looks very good, line and hub stats nicely in spec, been online for the last 18 days error free. Historical area data looking good also, low traffic, noise and error free.

mmm what could it be, it looks like you are using an Asus router from here, is that correct? Is the Xbox wireless or wired? Have you considered setting up DMZ for the Xbox.

Please keep us updated with anything you try.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
DrBlob
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Find out what ports BO3 uses ( I forgot ) and use port forwarding. That helped me a little.

0 Kudos
DavidM1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I've tried that but it didn't help too much. I think it's more for if your game isn't connecting at all rather than if you're getting latency spikes

0 Kudos
DavidM1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any Virgin Media staff online to help with this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello David

So sorry you are having a few problems with ping spikes we will do our best to help.

From here your connection looks very good, line and hub stats nicely in spec, been online for the last 18 days error free. Historical area data looking good also, low traffic, noise and error free.

mmm what could it be, it looks like you are using an Asus router from here, is that correct? Is the Xbox wireless or wired? Have you considered setting up DMZ for the Xbox.

Please keep us updated with anything you try.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
DavidM1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nicola - sorry I forgot to answer this at the time but setting up the DMZ worked great.