Menu
Ichigoowns12
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lag on Xbox one despite open nat

Hello there I have been trying for the past few weeks to play Xbox live and since switching to virgin my connection says open on the Xbox and yet I get high levels of lag making my games unplayable online, is there a fix for this or any options I could attempt to fix? 

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag on Xbox one despite open nat

Before anyone can suggest possible fixes you need to give a little more info on what you have..

Xbox 360 or One?

Wireless or wired connection?

If wireless what is the signal strength?

Have you a PC you can use to run some tests with or just the Xbox?

N.b. Having an Open NAT type has nothing to do with lag/speed.

0 Kudos
Ichigoowns12
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's an Xbox one, I have a laptop I could run tests off but It's wireless connected through an extension which is just outside my door, it says it has 5 bars but when I look at download and upload speed on the Xbox it's like 1.2mb/ps or less I've tried to connect to the main router get two bars and it makes it even worse
0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So Xbox is connected wireless to a range extender/homeplug wifi outside your door? and your not directly connected to the superhub as you only have 2 bars signal when you do?

If im correct with that is it possible you could connect the laptop with a wire and not wireless directly to the superhub and run a speed test on http://www.speedtest.net/ and see what your getting plz.

0 Kudos