Menu
Gymato
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lag issues in games, especially FPS

Hey guys,

I have been playing FPS games for a long time, especially CSGO. Since I upgraded my broadband speed from 50mbs to 100mbs I'm experiencing "lag" issues. At first I though its my hardware, however after experiencing the lags on other 3 pcs I'm not 100% sure that is not my hardware. I recorded myself play DM and then I recorded the demo with bandicam to show you what kind of lag is it, this is the result. This is a trace-route to one of the locations of the servers I play on:

Untitled.png

It doesn't seem like I have any packet loss either: 

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/81993d840dd6e4873bb7019e35cbc4bb.html

Any online game is basically unplayable. I have also tried to reset my router's settings to default but it didn't help. 

0 Kudos
Gymato
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag issues in games, especially FPS

It seems like I cannot edit the post for some reason. I made a mistake. I wrote that: 

I'm not 100% sure that is not my hardware.

What I meant is that I'M 100% THAT IS NOT MY HARDWARE.

0 Kudos
Gymato
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

BUMP, really need help Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Gymato
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

bump

0 Kudos
Gymato
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

BUMP

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gymato

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing when playing online. I can imagine how frustrating this must be playing an FPS with this happening. Thanks for posting up your BQM graph, it all looks ok there. I'm going to send you a PM for some additional info to help us locate you and run some checks on your connection. 

Can you also confirm if you are connected wired or wireless?

Speak soon 

(A heads up. Bumping your thread does the opposite of what you want it do do. We work off of the OP's last post so bumping your thread actually pushes it further down the list).

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gymato

Thanks for responding to my PM Smiley Happy I've been able to run a few checks on your connection and it's all looking healthy. The peak time traffic climbs a little in the evening as expected but looks ok. Is there any improvement if you put the hub into modem mode?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Gymato
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

When I turn hub into modem mode on, the internet doesn't work at all. Which is weird because on my old hub modem mode worked perfectly fine. I would also like to add that sometimes Wi-Fi is not working, and it will stay like that until I restart the router. 

Maybe there is something wrong with the hub itself?

Currently I'm playing on my 4G  and I'm not experiencing any lags. So I'm 100% sure that there is something wrong either with the hub or the connection itself. I have also been trying different cables recently because I thought that maybe my cable is faulty however that was not the case. 

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gymato

Thanks for getting back to us. When the hub is in modem mode are you connected to the ethernet port nearest to the coaxial cable? Is the ethernet port lit up at all?

Speak soon 

0 Kudos
Gymato
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry. I didn't know that I had to be connected to the nearest port next to coaxial cable. I turned the  modem mode on however there is no improvement at all Smiley Sad 

Regards,

Patryk.

0 Kudos