Menu
zxdeltaxz
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lag in pvp games.

i been getting lag in games for sometime now. in pvp games i can't win gun fights. i contacted virgin media about my connection and got no where. i know there is latency on my line. but finding cause would great but if i can't i'll be changing providers. because its getting very annoying now

this daily latency. to me doesn't look great.this daily latency. to me doesn't look great..

traceroute seems fine.traceroute seems fine.bufferbloat is terriblebufferbloat is terribleare these levels ok?are these levels ok?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag in pvp games.

Which HUB are you using? How are you connecting?

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

zxdeltaxz wrote:

bufferbloat is terriblebufferbloat is terrible

Yes you hit your upto limit and you buffer the super hub rate limit has no high end QoS.

looks like you have a SH2 or SH2ac give the traceroute shows 192.168.0.1 which SH1 would not do.

0 Kudos
zxdeltaxz
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hub 2 and i always use wired.

0 Kudos
zxdeltaxz
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

so no reply from staff?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Going by BQM you are hitting increased average latency at 4pm+ - so could be a peak time congestion issue. Traceroutes showing nothing and your metrics are good apart from buffer bloat- which is normal with SH.

Staff should get you when they start back after the weekend.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi zxdeltaxz,

Thanks for getting in touch, I've run a few checks on your connection to try and find out why the lag and latency problems are evident, however both your Hub and network segment are reporting back in good health, with even peak time loads looking fine, so the problems are something of a mystery.

To help with diagnostics it may be an idea to test with your hub in modem mode wired directly to your PC or console, swapping the Ethernet cable would be a thought to.

Let us know how you get on.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos