Menu
jukidens
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Lag and packets losts

Hi,

Few days ago I've been joined to VM and I found some lagg issues. I cant play any online game because I'am loosing packets and have bad ping ( google.co.uk) some jumps over 1000. Its very frustrating. I pinged my 192.168.1.100 as well and no lost, no jumps.

I try to chat with someone from stuff but he fob off me. 

Can anyone help me?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag and packets losts

Hi Jukidens,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you've been having trouble playing online. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy. How are you connected to the hub? Wired or wireless? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jukidens
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Sorry that response took me so long. Im connecting to hub by WIFI mainly but i cheked cable connection and issues appears as well. I'm pinging google.co.uk and my hub in same time and my local ping its all time fine but there are problems with outgoing packets. Some of them are often lagged or lost. This issue make me impossible to play any online game.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi jukidens,

Thanks for getting back to us. No need to apologise for slow response though, we ourselves are not currently as speedy as we'd like to be.

So that we can attempt to identify the problem would you please run both a traceroute & ping test (to google.co.uk will suffice) and post the results on here?

I'll then run some of mine for comparison and see if we can get this matter progressed for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
jukidens
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

pingpingtracerttracert

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello jukidens

Thank you for posting the traceroute I have had a check of your connection and it is all looking good. The area traffic is low and there are no SNR or packet loss issues. Did you do the traceroute from a wireless connection as the odd high ping like that is typical of using wireless, if so we would recommend and wired connection for gaming. If that proves difficult some please have had some success using these What is Powerline

Please let us know how it goes

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
jukidens
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I checked traceroute by a wifi I gonna check that by wire as well. Anyway when I ping google.co.uk and my router in same time I've got issues with google and no probs with router. What's the reason? For me looks like problems with outgoing packets losts. So I think is not router connection way issue.

How powerline would help if my router is literally 40 cm away from device I'am using?

Thats annoying and take so long.
0 Kudos