Menu
Ry4NM95
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Lag When playing with Friends

Basically when I play on my xbox one I sometimes keep getting disconnected from games. Its even worse when I try and connect to friends. I have lag spikes and someone end up getting disconnect from xbox live. Its annoying because the only reason I use the internet mostly is for gaming and it keeps happening. I have the Superhub 2ac with 150mb download. I've port forwarded but still lags when i try and play with friends. Can anyone help me please.

0 Kudos
Ry4NM95
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag When playing with Friends

considering Switching to another Internet provoider. whats the point in having virgin if it just lags and i cant connect to friends when the only reason i pay 38.50 every month is so I can play xbox without lag.
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do new people search this forum before posting ???

As this question has been asked more times than anything else.

The SH does not have enough computing power for Gaming, its ok for basic web access. You need Modem mode and your owner router.

Please see this previous post

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ry4NM95,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with lag and disconnections through your Xbox One.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too high at + 16 dBmV and for this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

In the meantime, do you notice this on all games or just a few?

Is the Xbox One connected through wired or wireless?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos