Menu
AlanFife
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Lag Spikes and Latency

Having major issues with lag spikes and disconnects from vasrious servers on my Xbox One, Its hard wired via CAT 7 Shielded cable all ports etc are open this has been going on for almost a week now and tech support say we have no issues in the area etc after numerous calls, i have tried everything possible but same results, We have a booster fitted to the main cable installed by a Virgin Media tech, Here are my stats, Thanks

Latency.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag Spikes and Latency

Hello AlanFife

Really sorry you are having some lag etc. The booster seems to be working well as all the hub levels are nicely within spec however the area upstreams have intermittent noise, this may cause packets to be delayed as sometimes they need to be resent so hence the lag/disconnections, we thought we had fixed it but sadly it has returned, our engineers are on the case F005167526, estimated fix at the moment is showing 1600 today however if we do not manage to track it down it may move forward. I have updated your account so hopefully if we have your mobile number you may receive SMS updates.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
AlanFife
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lag Spikes and Latency

Thanks for the reply but this is still ongoing unable to play any multiplayer game at all lately internet is slowing down intermittently and getting to be a bit of a joke getting told same old story week in week out with still no fix.