Menu
zardrian
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

LAG Spikes Lost packages. Disconnect with Game and service servers

Hi. I'm struggling with disconnection since 9 of April. It disconnect me with Game and services such as skype. Im calling a few times per day to virgin to fix ti. They send me a new modem to change it. I have change it. Its the same like was. Then on Saturday Guy told me they will send an engineers to fix it. And they will let me know in 24 by text or call. Its almost 48h nothing. Now When I call virgin. They told me it's not their fault its fault of services. So I contact with services. They check my connection.And  They approved its internet provider. But virgin trying to tell me. all services have fault. In same time. My friend who is using all these services all the same servers. Have no issue. I tried on 3 devices at home. I have issue. At this point. I need to send old modem back for no reason. And Virgin will not provide any help. Becouse they belive it is not thier fault.

My question is why Do i have to pay 100% of broadband price when I don't get 100% of this service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: LAG Spikes Lost packages. Disconnect with Game and service servers

Hello zardrian

Welcome to our forum, I am so sorry you are having lag and spikes problems we will do our best to help on the forum.

At the moment your hub is looking good, it is showing as being online for the last 3 days error free. The area traffic has a few peaks in the evening but not too bad, do you find you only have an issue at certain times of the day?

Are you using wireless to connect as local conditions may play a factor. If you are we have some wireless guides that may help.

Please keep us updated.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
zardrian
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Im using cable. My housemate as well. We tried on 3 cell phones WIFI. All the same issue. We have issue everyday.Problem is more common around midnight. But it happens at any time of day. Hub is looking good. And it will. Connection are not going Virgin->Skype as example. Its going Virgin-server-server....xxx before reach the skype. So I believe it's somewhere on the way.  Thing is this way is not same for every broadband branch. Such as my friend using different broadband. He have no issue. Because he's broadband using different "way" to reach server. My "ways" are poor. And losing packages. What cause full disconnection. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi zardrian,

Thanks for the update, I've double checked both our Hub and local network segment from this end and, as Nicola has mentioned, all looks in good shape.

I wonder if, for diagnostic purposes it's worth trying your Hub in modem mode, to rule out the router/wireless side of things being a problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
zardrian
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't use Router/Wireless. Im connected directly by cable from modem. Last few days was almost good. And Today from 4pm terrible lag spikes.It discontent with my friends. And Im unable to maintain stable connection. Support told me they will send an engineer to check cables. It gonna be third week since they supposed to call me and let me know about status.Nobody come in nobody called. Previously I was forced to stay in home for three days then on third day I got massage they will not come in time. So They will be just later. I please for call to let me know when more or less they will be. Just to not waste my time as a watch guard. The guy just come in without any notice. Almost Miss him. I feel being ignored. I belive engineer was never send it was just a lie to buy some time. At this moment virgin is taking money for services with failures with no support.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi zardrian,

Disappointing news, though I've checked over your Hub and cable again for any faults or problems and to be honest I can't see any issues to explain the lag spikes you mention.

The modem mode test would be helpful, equally setting up a ThinkBroadband Ping monitor would also help show us if there any lag or latency issues with the connection in general.

Many Thanks

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos