Menu
ddodgers
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Keep getting kicked out of Destiny on PS4

Hi There,

I have been experiencing an issue over the last few weeks whereby I keep getting kicked out of Destiny on my PS4. I have a Super Hub 2 and my PS4 is wired into the router. Last night I got kicked out twice. And on Sunday night twice as well. Other Destiny players that I am playing with are not kicked out at the same time as me, so I am not convinced that it is just an issue with the Destiny servers.
Also, and this may or may not be related, but randomly my Super Hub 2 loses connection and then comes back, by this I mean that all of the lights on the router go out except for the power light and then slowly come back on again. During this time all of the devices connected to the router lose internet connection. When I login to the router and check the uptime, it has not reset, so the router does not appear to be rebooting.

Can you help me to get this issue resolved?

If you require any additiopnal information, please let me know.

Many Thanks.

0 Kudos
Shaun_77
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep getting kicked out of Destiny on PS4

Same thing happening to me all the time now. Tried Modem mode and it still happens.

0 Kudos
rockwell21
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Snap. Crucible has been a nightmare for a while now for me. I rang retentions on monday asking to cancel my contract. They talked me into sending out a superhub 2ac to try first which arrives friday. If that doesnt work im off to sky fibre. I play with some guys who are on sky fibre and BT infinity. I get faster download speeds than them but its the ping/stability that makes the difference. They rarely get kicked, almost always have a full green bar. ill a few random games at green bar a night but most are yellow/red.
0 Kudos
tester1066
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Has become worse recently, I notice Onebox users are logging the same problem.

Can only think that Virgin hasn't enough bandwidth between themselves and Activision/Bungie as  the others EA games (BF/Fifa)/Rockstar/Ubisoft  rarely- if ever - drop. Last time I Googled this, Virgin was using the cheapest/worst i.p carrier in the US for interconnection.

One of my friends used to be on Virgin, now on BT and rarely drops out now(last night 6 drops whilst playing Iron Banner). 5 drops so far today in 1.5 hours.

I've even used an EE mobile hub, That also didn't drop.

Virgins usual response is reboot the hub- which never works, So I think migrating to BT is also my option. Don't use TalkTalk as you're lucky if you get NAT2 with them and Destiny etc will not work.

Come on Virgin. FIX THIS PLEASE

PS  I'm using wired not wireless on PS4 and the PSN remains connected

0 Kudos
ddodgers
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was fine last night did not get kicked out of Destiny once, but tonight got kicked out 3 times. I never used to have these problems, probably started about 2  - 3 weeks ago, and now seems to be getting worse. Can someone from Virgin Media get in contact with me here to troubleshoot this. I really need to get this sorted. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Shaun_77
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried modem mode again for PS4, and for the last two days had no issues. However my PC gets really slow downloads while using it, and YouTube videos wont even stream properly.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ddodgers,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing when playing Destiny. I'm having some difficulty locating your details so so I will send you a private message (red envelope top left hand corner) for some additional information and get this looked into.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tester1066
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have managed to fix this, The problem was resolved cold restarting the superhub and removing the old data, I still think the bios on the superhub is faulty(problems started after an auto update a couple of years ago), As whatever you do, This thing will only allow you to use the default i.p range, e.g can't change to 192.168.1.xxx etc

Shall have to live with this limitation.

0 Kudos
jimmyd_uk
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yup same here! VM Don't seem to know what's happening, disgusting service.
0 Kudos