Menu
Erai
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Jitter and huge lag spikes

Hi, I've experienced severe lag in the past few days such that I'm literally unable to play any online games. When doing a speed test, my download/upload speeds are about 100Mbps / 6Mbps. However doing a ping test shows that I have about 5ms jitter and get B* line quality - I'm assuming i'm also getting some packet loss. 

Is there a fix for this/can VM help with this please?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Erai
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Jitter and huge lag spikes

Any help on this? Literally unable to play anything with the spikes in lag

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Erai,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with online gaming.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy.

Do you notice this on all online games or just certain ones?

Is the device (PC/PS4/Xbox) connected through a wireless or wired connection? If wireless can you try through wired to see if that improves the connection?

Does this happen at all times of the day?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Erai
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for replying. The lag has been constant and everytime i do a ping test I always have at least 5ms of Jitter.

Some games which are more forgiving on connection are playable, but I also play FPS games such as CS:GO and Overwatch which require a good constant connection. I play on both PC and PS4 and the lag is particularly worse on PS4, but i've also experienced lag on PC too (even with a wired connection)

I work during the day so i've only experienced this in the evenings from 7pm onwards
0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Erai
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I'm on the 3.0 hub. 

Did a ping test just now (Sunday afternoon) and i get 0% packet loss, 15-20ms ping and 3-5ms jitter. 

My connection on PC is fine, but my connection on PS4 is terrible - I can't play any games at all and disconnect constantly.

Any help or fix for this??

Thanks

0 Kudos
bambamboyo
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry there is no fix as virgin haven't released a new firmware to fix the latency problem that exists on the hub 3 (see links in earlier post)

0 Kudos