Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10 (427 Views)

It's been FIVE months. Where's this firmware to fix the awful state of SuperHub 3.0's Puma 6?

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/03/virgin-media-prep-firmware-fix-superhub-3-latency-packe...

I'm now in shopping mode for an alternate provider. I can't even switch to your business package (£36/month instead of £33/month, for 350Mbps instead of 50Mbps) because the Hitron router is also a Puma 6. I'm not going to wait around for empty "we'll be rolling it out in the coming months" promises. Maybe you'll get it out before I switch, maybe you won't.

And no, don't start chiming in with "your connection looks fine". I know the connection is fine. The connection is rock solid. The connection is superb. The box handling it at my end is a piece of crap that locks up for 5-20 seconds at a time, as attested by ping 192.168.0.1 -t showing periods of no ping response.

(I've switched the wifi settings to fixed channels so the box isn't spending processor time switching and handshaking switches, there's not a lot else to be done)

And as this is the Gaming Support, Diablo 3 does not tolerate five second outages, which makes for an incredibly rewarding experience as you lose connection during the fourth bounty out of five of an act and have to restart progress.

Joining in
Message 2 of 10 (400 Views)

Re: It's been FIVE months. Where's this firmware to fix the awful state of SuperHub 3.0's Puma 6?

Same thing here.

Wake up Virgin! How much longer can we wait?

Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10 (373 Views)

Re: It's been FIVE months. Where's this firmware to fix the awful state of SuperHub 3.0's Puma 6?

It would be nice if one of the Mods, passed this up the chain of command.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
Superuser
Message 4 of 10 (366 Views)

I wouldn't normally intervene on a thread like this (not my area of expertise) but I feel you would all benefit from reading the main discussion about this here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

A solution/fix does not look to be immediately forthcoming.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superfast
Message 5 of 10 (316 Views)

I guess Intel swindled Virgin Media ("fix is coming soon"), and VM passed the swindle on their customers...

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 10 (258 Views)

It frustrating as hell playing league and being in a 1v1 or team fight only for my connection to drop for a max of 5 seconds. However, like Diablo it doesn't tolerate a connection drop. So even though my net only dropped for a few seconds, the game is going to take upto another 10-15 seconds to recognise that I'm actually reconnected, which usually results in a death if it happens at the wrong time.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 7 of 10 (246 Views)

More likely to have a hub 4.0 in your hands before a firmware fix shows for the hub 3.0

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10 (226 Views)

I'm the same shopping for another provider, have been with VM(NTL, BCM etc...) since they came to my city 20 years or so ago, has always been good until the Hub 3 debarkle and i have had enough of the silence and downright lies from support staff.

I play an always online game The Crew and it's really annoying when i lose connection for a few seconds which means game over, last time it happened i was 5 mins away from finishing a 2 hour race... Others in my house have problems with games even when playing early morning 1am onwards.

They upgraded me to Vivid 200 Gamer because they were throttling me on Vivid 200 because [sarcasm]The Crew is a P2P game and as we know all P2P users are pirates....[/sarcasm] and since then it's been a complete mess!

It will be a massive drop in download speed but it will be worth it to get a consistant connection and the best i have found so far for fibre broadband, tv and phone is £20 cheaper than what i pay now and thats without the £3.99 i have just been told will be added soon.

Bye..
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10 (149 Views)

We're now at the point where Diablo 3 loses the plot within six minutes. At least we're not wasting our time getting to the fourth or fifth bounty in an act before losing the server.

Research shows either a co-operative solution, or one that's never knowingly undersold, as the best options so far.

0 Kudos
Up to speed
Message 10 of 10 (117 Views)

0 Kudos