Menu
LaserChild9
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Issues with my new Hub 3.0!

So last week we upgraded to the Hub 3.0, I assumed that hings could only improve but I was wrong. Since we upgraded my online games have become pretty terrible, they just freeze for 2-4 seconds on a very regular basis, Im not talking once an hour or so, I'm talking every few minutes, sometimes more frequently. There is no 'Good'or 'Bad' time, it is indiscriminate. I have a wired connection to the hub and I feel that this may be the cause as when I run the diagnostics I get this message: 

http://imgur.com/gQuqnyY

I don't know what it means and I don't know how to fix it but everything worked fine before Hub 3.0. I bought a brand new ethernet cable to connect to the router as the previous one was getting a bit old and worn, still no improvement. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Issues with my new Hub 3.0!

Hi LaserChild9,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble gaming. The error message you've posted means that either the ethernet cable (unlikely as you've already replaced it) or the network card of your device is only capable of 100mb speeds. This wouldn't actively cause slow downs but will give you a maximum through put to that device of 90-100mb.

What games are you getting slow downs on and what device are you gaming on? A PC or a console?

Does this affect all games or only select ones? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

LaserChild9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

John_G wrote:

The error message you've posted means that either the ethernet cable (unlikely as you've already replaced it) or the network card of your device is only capable of 100mb speeds.

You sir, are a legend! You literally just made my week. I went into the network card settings and it was set to 100 mb max so I changed it to auto negotiation and voila! I just had my first game in a week where there no disconnects.

Thanks

All Replies
LaserChild9
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bump. Being as this 'Upgrade' was recommended by Virgin, it would be nice if they could at least acknowledge the issues it has caused.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi LaserChild9,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're having trouble gaming. The error message you've posted means that either the ethernet cable (unlikely as you've already replaced it) or the network card of your device is only capable of 100mb speeds. This wouldn't actively cause slow downs but will give you a maximum through put to that device of 90-100mb.

What games are you getting slow downs on and what device are you gaming on? A PC or a console?

Does this affect all games or only select ones? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

LaserChild9
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

John_G wrote:

The error message you've posted means that either the ethernet cable (unlikely as you've already replaced it) or the network card of your device is only capable of 100mb speeds.

You sir, are a legend! You literally just made my week. I went into the network card settings and it was set to 100 mb max so I changed it to auto negotiation and voila! I just had my first game in a week where there no disconnects.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Haha no problem Laserchild9 Smiley Happy

Always a pleasure to help a fellow gamer Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos