Menu
matbou
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues with csgo (router power levels, or routing issues?)

Hi, I've noticed for a few months now when playing csgo that the hit detection is extremely inconsistent and appears to vary from server to server. It feels like there is some sort of delay between my client and the server which is causing my interpretation of the game to be different from what is actually happening. For instance, people sometimes peek me and I'm instantly killed from 4 shots when i don't even have time to react (similarly, when i peek an enemy they usually kill me with multiple shots the instant i get around the corner). Many of my issues are described perfectly in this post: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3zsmxd/clock_drift_issue_making_client_and_server_...

I have tried just about everything possible on the software side of things from updating drivers, bios, reg tweaks, disabling any overclocking etc... but still have problems. As a last attempt to solve these issues I'm trying to troubleshoot my internet connection to see if the problem lies either with my superhub2 or EU routing.

Could anyone please tell me if my down/up stream values look normal?

down.jpgup.jpg

Most hitreg problems happen on faceit servers. When running a tracert to these servers is usually get 2-3 nodes timeout, could this be causing the issue? (my ping is usually fine between 25-50). I really want to try and sort this issue as its frustrating to go from one game where i can hit everything, then the next it feels like I'm firing rubber bullets Smiley Sad

(Note: I've tested the router in modem mode, wired and wireless, switching off firewall, ensuring MTU is 1500, etc... but still no luck. Also, I've tried changing my adapter configuration with regards to turning on/off interrupt moderation, receiver side scaling, jumbo packets, link speed, offloading with little improvement).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues with csgo (router power levels, or routing issues?)

CS:GO has been known for its wonky routing. However, your connections downstreams power levels are far too high (10 dBmV or above is out of spec.) With them that high, connection stability loss and performance can become issues. The upstream side shows that one upstream has a power level that is out of spec (too low) and the other upstream is borderline.

You can wait up to three days for a response from a member of the Forum Team here, they'll book you an engineer appointment. Or call in (150 / 0345 454 1111), once in the main menu, go with option 2 and report a broadband fault.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
matbou
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I will phone virgin media to get this fixed. I also sometimes get random connection drops when streaming on youtube/twitch so maybe this is what is causing it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matbou,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you've been getting a poor connection with CS:Go. There are some known issues with EU servers but it looks like your downstream power levels are way out of spec as Shelke has pointed out. I've just checked your connection from here and while the downstream has settled a bit from what you've posted it's still out of spec. Let's get a technician out to adjust everything. I've just sent you a private message to arrange the best time for this. To view your private messages just click the envelope at the top of the page. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules