Menu
varin
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is streaming on twitch even possible through Virgin Media?

I have just spoken with a lady at Virgin Media over the phone regarding my connection issues. Long story short - I play CS:GO and other games a lot and decided to start streaming on Twitch.tv. I'm experiencing really annoying lag spikes for few months now, just in CS:GO - without even trying to stream and I'm on 70Mbps. 

First, the reason was a maintenance work carried out in my area but that has finished. Now, the issue is "Traffic Management". 

Apparently there is a threshold of how much I can upload during a certain time and my upload speed will be cut if I reach that threshold... There is no package that can guarantee consistent upload that Virgin Media offers. So.... How can one stream through Virgin Broadband? Is it even possible? 

Is my only option switching the ISP or is there something that can be done? HELP!!!!

Edit. It is wired connection

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is streaming on twitch even possible through Virgin Media?

Only the 200Meg Package has from virgin has a high enough upload limit after traffic managment to stream twitch.

Bt and sky fibre has a good enough upload speed so changing ISP might be a good idea

0 Kudos
varin
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is streaming on twitch even possible through Virgin Media?

Really? There is no package that can allow me that? The threshold on 200Mb might still not be enough for HD streaming... This is really sad as I like Virgin but it seems like I have literally no option but to look for a different ISP after all those years...

0 Kudos