Menu
Kauptukas
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Is it worth buying ESO on ps4?

I thinking of buying it but is it worth it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it worth buying ESO on ps4?

If you like the other Elder Scolls games then yes.

I have it on PC.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Kauptukas
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thats the problem i never playdem that well

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I was curious whether to pick this up too. Loved Skyrim and Oblivion. Keep hearing mixed reviews on this game though.

ravenstar68  what's your take on it? 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I like it.

If you're a fan of MMORPG type games then go for it.

It is a truly immersive experience, it starts you off gently, in one of three alliances depending on which race you choose to play as, you start off in one of three starting areas.  The quest lines are well thought out and form an overarching story for the region you are in.

My only gripe with it, is that yet again you start off as a prisoner with no idea about who you are lol Smiley Happy

There's a lot to do and also sub quests for the Mages and Fighters Guilds, as well as a main storyline which is independent of the regions storylines.

It has room for PVP and more crafting.  What's not to like about it.

With Skyrim on the PC controllable via XBox360 controller and not suffering too much for the experience, I don't see an issue with using a controller on XBox one or PS4

Ravenstar68

Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the review Ravenstar68 Smiley Happy It sounds pretty good from what you have described. I really enjoyed the other elder scrolls games.  

I think I  will pick it up and give it a go as I could do with a new game (Dying light was fun until the night time missions started).

Haha I can't believe they did the prisoner with amnesia beginner story again! 

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I am being hit constantly every 1hr with disconnects.

Like the EU Megaserver is blocking me constantly for 15-30 seconds.

So as you can imagine it is quite the downer, of course they are blaming you lot and no doubt you will blame them lol

I have asked why they are blocking me, and I am worried it is because of the channel 35 and 37 for my downstream that is constantly accumulating CCs (Pre-RS errors) that is causing the problem. If those CCs are part of data packets from the game then technically the server could get miffed if I am constantly re-asking for a specific data packet.

And nahh no point in getting an engineer out because they would spend an hour head scratching and I have had this problem for a VERY VERY long time, and nothing has been done about it after so many engineer visits.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

DABhand wrote:

Unfortunately I am being hit constantly every 1hr with disconnects.

Like the EU Megaserver is blocking me constantly for 15-30 seconds.

So as you can imagine it is quite the downer, of course they are blaming you lot and no doubt you will blame them lol

I have asked why they are blocking me, and I am worried it is because of the channel 35 and 37 for my downstream that is constantly accumulating CCs (Pre-RS errors) that is causing the problem. If those CCs are part of data packets from the game then technically the server could get miffed if I am constantly re-asking for a specific data packet.

And nahh no point in getting an engineer out because they would spend an hour head scratching and I have had this problem for a VERY VERY long time, and nothing has been done about it after so many engineer visits.

Pre-RS errors on their own don't cause packet loss.  In fact some Pre-RS errors are to be expected and are corrected on the fly.

However if the error rate gets too high that the Reed-Solomon correction can't cope - we then end up with Post-RS errors - It is these that cause packet loss.

Ravenstar68

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Never said CCs are causing packet loss Smiley Tongue

Majide!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No you didn't

But Pre RS errors don't cause a packet to be re-requested.  Post RS errors do that by dropping the packet when the Reed-Solomon formula can't correct the issue.

Ravenstar68

0 Kudos