Menu
PatrykZembold12
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet splitter

Hello i have a connection problem with my ps4 . There is currently 7 people libing in my house and i always get laggy connection on my ps4 due to how many devices are connected to he router.

My internet is 150 vivid ( dont use the television ) . But i use the superhub 2 ac as a modem and have my Netgear Nighthawk ac1900 plugged in .

We have two ps4 on wired connection and everything else is on wirelles , phones tv box e.t.c . My problem is that when everyone else is on the internet mine goes bad which is really frustrating .

If i buy a ethernet splitter and plug it into the modem ( super hub ) and then run one cable to my ps4 and the other one to the router will this make my connection stable as the nighthawk wont be trying to balance out the internet to everyone . Will this also work ? My friend told me to find out what ethernet cable and splitter to buy for the ps4 and router to work wihout any problems.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet splitter

You cannot "split" the connection in any conventional sense, traffic STILL needs to go through the router

Try the steps suggested

HERE

And see how you get on.

0 Kudos
PatrykZembold12
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have already done all that stuff that you gave me the link but its still not what am looking for .Traffic is going through the modem (super hub ) then to my ps4 and the other cable to the router. It is possible as my mate has done it .
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Does your router have any QoS setting? if so you could use that to limit the speed/bandwidth to the problem devices. Otherwise any router that can run DD-WRT would give you that function.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ethernet splitter like this will not help you
http://cdn.instructables.com/FQP/430D/O1NEP27ZK4R/FQP430DO1NEP27ZK4R.MEDIUM.jpg

As said try setting up the QoS on that Nighthawk ac1900 but keep in mind of the following.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Since-200Mbit-upgrade-buffer-bloat-mass...

0 Kudos