Menu
d4yl33
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet lag and very high latancy

OK this seems to be an on going issue with very high latancy etc and I have seen in comments that your doing engineering work my question is how long is this going to take as I have been with you now for just over 3 years and I can not yet see an improvement to better inter Lantcy but yet you all spout on we give you the best download speed etc but you don't spout on you restrict upload speed so I have 2 question

1. When are we going to see better connection
And please don't reply sorry to hear your having trouble but I have checked everything and all seems OK
And
2. I have 50meg broadband so you limit me to a max of 4 meg but I want to know if I stick to 50 megs can you remove the upload limits or up it to at least 8meg upload
As all other networks at 50 meg give you around 10 upload.

Await your reply as it is getting to the point of going else where as you can not seem to keep up to date with the world of networking and it is becoming very upsetting when for the last 3 years I have paid you x amount of money and only get 10% of the service I pay for so how about starting this month I only give you 10% of the payment and as service gets better so will the payments.

Or should we just boycott virgin media
0 Kudos
Travelstar
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet lag and very high latancy

If upload is what you are looking for, have you considered the Gamer 200 package which offers unlimited upload?

DOCSIS is always going to have more of a latency issue in comparison with most FTTP/FTTP style solutions due to the fact it is a shared medium. Sadly the laws of physics play a role in this.

If you are having specific latency and other issues in relation to your own connection, can you post power levels etc? Have you considered running one of the TB monitors? What does beta.speedtest.net show, especially if connected to one of the VM servers?

Finally be aware that this is a Community forum. Most responses will be from other customers, although the mods appear to be fairly helpful here, although they can take a few days to see some threads. In the meantime, if you can answer some of the questions I have posed above, we might be able to help you to help yourself. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
d4yl33
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet lag and very high latancy

Thank you for the reply this evening I will do what you have asked and get back to you
Thanks again
0 Kudos