Menu
LilJacky2x
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet issue on xbox

Before switching to virgin I had bt infinity my Xbox worked fine no connection issues etc but now I've switched I seem to get disconnected a lot. I'm still wired, my Xbox is practically touching the router 3.0 but it seems to get disconnected then withing 3 seconds be re connected except I've been kicked out of party, Skype games etc. Does anyone else have this issue & know any way to stop it?
0 Kudos
M4YON
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet issue on xbox

Same issues here i have reserved an IP address in DCHP and set up a DMZ with that IP in my settings but my console will still disconnect from live particularly at night time. Any mods know whether this is a firmware issue or have any other advice?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd suggest that both of you try a test with the Hub 3 in modem mode and just the Xbox connected to see if it makes any difference.  If it does help, then that suggests the Hub 3 is failing to route traffic correctly to the console (not unheard of).  If it doesn't help then it could be a line fault.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
LilJacky2x
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I rung up xbox and they said there must be a issue with the ports or something and would need to speak to virgin, rung up virgin they said everything is as should be so I'm just lost at this point aha
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

LilJacky2x wrote:
I rung up xbox and they said there must be a issue with the ports or something and would need to speak to virgin, rung up virgin they said everything is as should be so I'm just lost at this point aha

That is why I'm suggesting you try a test with the hub in modem mode, that should help to prove if it is a problem with the ports or not.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos