Menu
Dougdadappadan
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet dies after 7pm to 11pm-12am Due to "to much trafficking" ???

The title says it all, I have been with virgin media for many of years now, yet last year near September they really did mess something up, latency and ping is so unstable its literally unbearable and i game competitively , virgin support lines dont have a clue what the issues is, I even heard from one of the women who i was on the phone to saying "to many people are connected to the isp during prime time" ????????  Its unreal how bad the net is, im meant to be getting 10ping under to the ISP and also getting 160 down and 30 up yet. This is what im getting. 0.78Down 1.00 Up and 456ping to the ISP or less? http://puu.sh/tQ69b/075efd6f20.jpg 

Where is a staff member to explain this? Oh wait they bury their heads in the sand because they know how unacceptable the situation is but they want us still the bill at the end of the month.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dies after 7pm to 11pm-12am Due to "to much trafficking" ???

Hi Dougdadappadan

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to learn that you are experiencing slow speeds which is affecting you when playing online. I've had a look into this and can see the fault that you've mentioned. Fault ticket F004479383 is for peak time contention so around these times you may experience slow speeds. ,Looking at your network segment it looks healthy outside of these times and shouldn't affect your connection. We have a review date scheduled for 05/04/2017 where we can certainly check for any updates on this fault ticket. 

Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Speak soon,

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos