Menu
Gelfangel
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet cuts out while doing any type of gaming or online surfing

I am not talking about high end gaming I am talking about playing Pokemon TCG online.  For that matter any online games.  I keep getting disconnected in the middle of a game and it is getting highly frustrating.  I have done all the normal change this, restart that and change channels.  I have run a test for the service and it says it is fine.

But here was the kicker.  I was sat playing at my desktop computer with my iPad next to me playing a video.  Suddenly I got kicked out on my computer and then kicked out on my iPad as well.  So that tells me it is not the computer but the internet service.

I would appreciate a fix on this as it has now been going on for easily 4 or 5 months.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet cuts out while doing any type of gaming or online surfing

Are these issues both occurring on wireless only (or does it affect wired connections too)? - If you are using wireless are you able to try it on a wired connection ?

There are staff members that respond to posts on this public forum but it seems to take them around a week to reply, so relying on that wouldn't be the fastest option for you.  You could give them a call or contact them via Live Chat.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Gelfangel
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am using a powerline adapter, so essentially a wired connection that is partially wireless.  The iPad was obviously wireless but it was obvious that the whole system had cut out..

0 Kudos
Gelfangel
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In an hour it has cut out 3 times...I'm getting fed up with this.  Not what I asked for when it comes to service

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gelfangel,

I am sorry for your connection drop-outs.

My tests show that your Hub has remained connected to the CMTS for over a month, since it was last rebooted in fact.

I think that we need to at least eliminate the powerline adaptors from the equation. So would you please connect your pc directly to the Hub via Ethernet and monitor the connection?

If there are any disconnections let us know. If not then re-add your powerline and see if the same recurs. I'd definitely advise a reboot of your Hub too.

Keep us updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos