Menu
Brache123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Internet connection on Xbox one keeps cutting out

Hi
I have seen similar posts on here with no solution but ...
Since Thursday whenever my kids are on their Xbox ones' they will be mid game and they get a message 'you are not connected to Xbox live as you have no internet connection' this is happening in every game !! I spent a total of 6 hours today on calls with virgin tech guys and also Microsoft it is NOT an issue with Microsoft as we tested with my parents wifi connection and no loss of connection. The big in tech team went through manually adding all relevant ports etc and advised it will def work post this once switched off/on etc but no two hours after this 'fix' we log onto Xbox start a game and get disconnected !! This is a Virgin issue and really does need to be sorted. Can anyone please tell me they know what the issue is and when it's going to be fixed? If not I will be looking to switch to sky ASAP as there are no issues at all.
Thank you
Helen
0 Kudos
Phantasm
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection on Xbox one keeps cutting out

yes exactly the same as a lot of us,for me the worst bit is VM not acknowledging the problem and saying they are on it,as much as i dont want to i am changing providers this week because of this Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Brache123
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Considering doing the same and calling sky tomorrow it's clearly a virgin issue ! The tech guy was brilliant can't fault him at all BUT it hasn't fixed the problem and hours wasted today trying to return the kids to smiley ones instead if grumpy ones ....
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brache123, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with connecting to Xbox Live. 

I have taken a look and things seem ok from this side. 

There is currently an issue being investigated between Xbox Live connections and the Superhub 2 AC. 

Once we have more information on this we will let everyone know. 

Keep an eye on this thread for updates:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Why-do-i-keep-disconnecting-from-Xbox-Live-on-my-...

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Poepot
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma 

sorry to contact you directly but I'm have the same issue with my Xbox one on my super hub 2ac Xbl disconnects after 5-10 mins but then instantly reconnects. I have seen from the other posts is a firmware issue so I was hoping you could tell me when will it be fixed ??? Many thanks 

0 Kudos
Poepot
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have the same issue and it's a firmware issue and apparently virgin are working to sort it although when this will be is unknown 

0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

if its a firmware issue how come i dont suffer at all my nat is always open i never get disconnects. only have upnp enabled and its a superhub 2 ac.only thing thats bad is i have 5mbps at peak time.

0 Kudos
Poepot
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you look at a site called down detector and then look at Xbox live you will see that another person has contacted vm support and that is what they have been told also if you look at the other posts on this forum you will see that vm have said there is an issue that they are investigating and it's been going on since friday this I was told by Xbox live support when I contacted them
On Wednesday as on friday over 200 vm customers called them with the same issue. Sorry if I'm waffleing but I'm new to using forums.
0 Kudos
redridinghood
Up to speed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

see vm dont give us the full picture.you say 200 people where affected where all these people from the same geographical area like area 22 or 28.see i never use wireless for any kind of gaming.its unstable.like i said i have not had any issues with the superhub 2ac only peak time speeds.i have 2 phones running on wireless and the hub is a bedroom and both phones say excellent reception..

0 Kudos
Poepot
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No I said that around 200 people phone on Friday last week alone according to the lady I spoke to from Xbox live support and now judging from the forums more and more are reporting the same issue. I have never had any issues with super hub 2 ac playing Xbox one or 360 wirelessly in the 2-3 years I have had the super hub till Friday last week then started getting the disconnection issues which everyone else is reporting they started to get on that Friday. If you affected then your lucky.
0 Kudos