Menu
itshariboe
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet Speed Drops Dramatically

I'm a gamer, enjoy everything about it, apart from one thing, my Internet.

My dad pays for 70 download and 5 upload of which I don't know how much per month, but for some reason whenever I seem to join a US server, sometimes EU, depending on which game I join the Internet just gives up, resulting in a ~0.05 download and sometimes even 0 upload, which I don't know how this happens. This only seems to happen when either me or my brother are gaming.

This also happens when I am calling with multiple people over a voice chat, which my Internet should easily be able to handle, yet can't?

I would like to call Virgin reliable, but I can't as this has been happening for a month now and nothing has worked to fix it permanently, restarting the hub and leaving the internet returns it back to normal for a while but still comes back again, help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Speed Drops Dramatically

Hi itshariboe,

Apologies for your poor connection when gaming, though I think I've located a potential cause. My tests of your connection reveal a very high upstream power level along with a rather high number of T3 timeouts.

So the first thing I'd like to do is to arrange for an engineer visit. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll schedule an appointment for you. But keep me updated on what happens so we can investigate further if needed.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos