Menu
PeteSpriggs
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection dropouts, wired and wireless

Hello, so a few weeks back we started noticing internet connection dropouts that lasted around 30 seconds or so each time. There are two computers in the house and both use wireless, they both receive a strong signal all the time. When the dropout happens they both lose internet and then about 30 seconds later everything is fine again. My PS4 is wired and cuts out at exactly the same time for the same duration.

I thought perhaps it was the Superhub 2 router playing up so I turned it to modem only mode and got a new router. This has not solved the issue, I still get occasional internet dropouts, both at peak times and quiet times. The most recent times were on Saturday at 15:03 where I remembered to log the time and then yesterday when it happened twice, once somewhere between 7:30 and 8 and then again about an hour to an hour and a half later. 

0 Kudos
PeteSpriggs
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection dropouts, wired and wireless

Just had another connection dropout this time lasting about 20 seconds.

0 Kudos
PeteSpriggs
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Another dropout just now lasted about 20 seconds again
0 Kudos
PeteSpriggs
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

.... And again, I've checked all network cables, switched them for new ones, still using the new router that I got to try and solve this issue.... seriously Virgin... I've seen other posts with the same issue...fix this.
0 Kudos
PeteSpriggs
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And again, I managed to get to the router before the connection popped back up this time and the router double arrow (usually flashing blue to signal network traffic) was green instead and then went back to flashing blue while I was looking at it. I restarted the router yet again but I know it will happen again.
0 Kudos
PeteSpriggs
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Again at 16:53
0 Kudos
PeteSpriggs
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Again today at 13:37
0 Kudos
PeteSpriggs
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Again today at 16:32, im assuming there are more of these happening when I'm not using it as well.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteSpriggs, 

Thanks for keeping us in the loop with regards to your intermittent connection issues, I can understand this may be frustrating so apologies for any trouble.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your area cables's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are too low and our engineers are currently working to resolve this for you.

The reference number for this is F004810752 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around 20/10/16. Should you require any updates on this, just post back on the forums around that date and we'll gladly take a look at things for you.

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos