Menu
Dabosaur
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent High Ping

This isn't specific to gaming but is what it stops us from doing.

We've tried turning everything on and off. I'm currently connected via wired from a TP-LINK switch, I have tried a direct connection and I get the same.

The ping constantly jitters, as you can see from the graph.

Dabosaur
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent High Ping

Even worse today.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dabosaur

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you have been experiencing. I've had a check on your connection and there are some issues showing with the downstream power levels. We will need to schedule an engineer visit to get these levels adjusted.

I can see that there is also a ticket open for peak time contention (F003930457). We have a review date estimated for 11/11/2015 and should have some more information regarding this closer to the review date.

I will send you a private message (red envelope top left hand corner) to get an engineer visit organised.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Dabosaur
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Engineer came and he said he had already reported a utilisation issue in the area! Why isn't this in the 'area status' information on the website? Isn't that the whole point of that tool? Or would that be too much bad press?

He already reported it 2 weeks ago and the fix is in a MONTH! They have to replace infrastructure... but a MONTH and a half for this fix? That's ridiculous. 

EDIT: New information, similar situation here. So do Virgin Media just tell their customers that it's a 'utilisation' issue that will be fixed in a few weeks to get them to shut up and stop reporting issues? Interesting strategy.

0 Kudos
matt-h
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dabosaur wrote:

EDIT: New information, similar situation here. So do Virgin Media just tell their customers that it's a 'utilisation' issue that will be fixed in a few weeks to get them to shut up and stop reporting issues? Interesting strategy.

Sometimes it seems so , but to be fair the team on here can only report what they've been told , as ridiculous as that is sometimes. 

0 Kudos
Dabosaur
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No, the engineers tell us about the 'utilisation' issue in the area, not the forum staff.
0 Kudos
Dabosaur
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks VM.

0 Kudos
Dabosaur
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same **bleep** this year.

Seriously so sad how VM is the only choice yet can't even give stable ping. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos