Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 7 (167 Views)

Intermittent Connection drops when gaming.

[ Edited ]

Hi there.  

I am having intermittent connection drops whilst I am gaming, the drops normally last between 2 and 10mins. Smiley Frustrated

I have reset the router and it was back to normal for about month, but the issue has re-appeared. 

Edited to add: My pc is always connected via ethernet to the hub 

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 2 of 7 (140 Views)

Re: Intermittent Connection drops when gaming.

Any help appreciated Smiley Happy  Thanks 

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7 (129 Views)

Hi,

You may already have seen the thread in the forum but if not, take a look at the following:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Dreadful-Packet-Loss-Ongoing-issue-that-is-not-go...

This, and others like it are reporting very similar issues to what you have described.

Sadly though, VM have been either slow to respond, or when they do, its generally a canned response from a script that serves no purpose other than to rile the poster.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 7 (99 Views)

Thank you for your reply, I hope Virgin will not fob me off, but the lack of speed in response to that busy thread does give me concern. 

Lets hope they can help me quickly.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (63 Views)

Hi bobdobalina,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are experiencing disconnections whilst gaming.

I've taken a look at your connection, the line and hub have come back as fine. There are no faults reported and the network segment is running stable.

When the disconnection occurs, does the general internet stop working at the same time?

Does it happen on all games?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7 (53 Views)

Thanks for the reply Samantha, it indeed does happen across multiple games and general internet loses connection completely.  

Although it has been fine today, the issue is intermittent.

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (44 Views)

Hi bobdobalina,

Thanks for the reply.

If this is occurring on the internet, do you notice any lights change on the router at all?

Do you need to re-boot the router to get the connection working again?

Can you post the network log from the router for me to check over please? To do this type in 192.168.0.1 in the address bar, no need to sign in, on the top right you will see router status. Within here you will have downstream, upstream and network log. You can copy and paste this information, that would be great.

It may be worth creating a Broadband Quality Monitor to check the performance of the connection. If you do set up the BQM make sure that you go into your router settings > Advanced Settings > Ping > and tick Respond to ICMP echo requests sent to WAN IP.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos