Menu
labib_97
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Inconsistent ping while gaming

Hi,

Since my upgrade to the VIVID 150 optical fibre 6 months ago, I've had latency issues while playing Xbox. My ping is all over the place and it's fustrating. I've tried port forwarding and DMZ but nothing helps. My Xbox is also wired.

I never had this problem before the upgrade and I was using the superhub 2. Now that I have the superhub 3 it's even worse than before?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistent ping while gaming

Hey labib_97,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy I'm sorry to hear you're suffering latency issues on the Xbox, as a gamer myself I understand how frustrating that can be, I'd like to find out what's going on for you.

I've tried to locate your connection details for testing purposes but have been unable to do so with your forum details. I'll send you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can get some more details from you. Drop me a reply when you get a minute and I'll gladly look into things further for you.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistent ping while gaming

Hey labib_97,

Thank you for replying to my PM, I've managed to locate the account and run some checks.

The hub stats all look good at the moment, I don't see an obvious cause of the latency you're seeing at the moment. In addition, the network stats all look good, I can't see anything that would point towards being an obvious cause of latency.

I'd recommend running a test in modem mode with a wired connection to the Xbox, just to see if the latency is still happening. It's also worth setting up a Broadband Quality Monitor, it'd be good to see how things look over a 24-48 period.

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos