Menu
Nathan-Harling
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to play anything

Hi, after on going issues since moving into our new home and going with Virgin Meda. I've decided to make a post to show just how bad our internet is.

Currently these have been posted with the 152mb package

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4672031717

http://www.pingtest.net/result/131027824.png

Pinging google.co.uk [62.252.232.20] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 62.252.232.20: bytes=32 time=378ms TTL=58
Reply from 62.252.232.20: bytes=32 time=225ms TTL=58
Reply from 62.252.232.20: bytes=32 time=325ms TTL=58
Reply from 62.252.232.20: bytes=32 time=185ms TTL=58

Ping statistics for 62.252.232.20:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 185ms, Maximum = 378ms, Average = 278ms

Tracing route to google.co.uk [62.252.232.20]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 3 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 31 ms 376 ms 9 ms cpc2-wake7-2-0-gw.barn.cable.virginm.net [77.97.
168.1]
3 131 ms 57 ms 12 ms brad-core-2b-ae10-706.network.virginmedia.net [8
1.97.82.141]
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 398 ms 25 ms 14 ms leed-bb-1b-ae1-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254
.42.122]
6 107 ms 73 ms 68 ms leed-icdn-1-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.25
4.42.158]
7 78 ms 104 ms 303 ms 20.232-252-62.static.virginmediabusiness.co.uk [
62.252.232.20]

Trace complete.

We originally had the 50mb package but were offered to upgrade at a good price because of our ongoing issues. We took the package in the hope that our Internet would improve, if anything it's gotten worse

VM have explained that there is a "utilization" issue in our area and we have been given a date for this to be fixed by early October, my only issue is that i do not believe at all that my internet will be fixed.

I play CS:GO at a competitive level and this has caused myself and my team to take a heavy hit as we also occasionally make money playing the game this just has not been able to happen.

I'm literally at the end of my tether, has anyone had this issue before? Has your issue been fixed after a given date by Virgin Media? Virgin is the only ISP that offer fibre in my area at the moment, but if I still have these issues after my "fix date", I will most definitely be changing to an ADSL ISP

Thanks 

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
skyblueoz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to play anything

Welcome to virgins super fast fibre optic world.

However what they fail to tell you is, their basic infrastructure can't manage the demand and keeps cutting out.

You'll get a review date, which they'll miss, (sometimes by months.)

It's a rip off.
Nathan-Harling
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Looks like I've got nothing to look forward to..

I guess i'll give them to the "fix" date which is early October apparently. If it's not fixed by then I will be downgrading to an ADSL provider and I will not be paying the cancellation fee either

I've tolerated this for months already, I suppose 3 more weeks won't hurt

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan-Harling

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear of the slow speeds that you are experiencing. That must be frustrating when trying to play online Smiley Sad I'm unable to locate your details  so I'll send you a private message (red envelope top left hand corner) for some additional information and get this looked into.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan-Harling

Thanks for replying to my PM. When checking your connection there is a ticket linked to you for peak time contention as you have mentioned. This is under reference F002657887 with an estimated review date coming up on 28/10/2015. Once work has been completed, any slow speeds you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. I can imagine how frustrating this must be when playing online. If you are able to bump the thread nearer the review date we can check for more information.

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Nathan-Harling
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
thanks for the reply however the technician who came to my home mentioned that the resolve date was the 6th of October. Can you please confirm as I will not be able to wait until late October unfortunately
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan-Harling

That's understandable. The estimated review date I can see when checking again is for 28th of October. There's no mention in the updates for anything scheduled on the 6th. We may have some further information available a little closer to the review date.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Nathan-Harling
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sigh..

So a "review date", this means that it isn't even going to be fixed? Or they are just looking into it. The amount of time this is taking is a complete joke..

I don't want to switch from VM because i know you can provide a good stable connection. I've had it at a previous address

What i don't understand is how it can take so long to fix such a huge problem, it's everyone in my area who has this yet VM just don't seem to care that they are providing such a bottom tier service.

Paying for a 150mb line and only getting 7mb at peak "which btw is the only time i am here to use the internet" is completely unacceptable 

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately the Berkett era lived on the "lets make silly review dates for a month+ ahead and hope the situation fixes itself"... but as you can see the same system is used today.

Back in pre-VM days, with C&W, Telewest and Blueyonder - fixes were done in days not months... and the line quality and service was so much better.

I just don't get why I am still with them in terms of Broadband because for years it has been pants for me constantly...

Majide!
0 Kudos