Menu
Fred__Young
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

IP address

My psn has been blocked due to a fault in the system. PlayStation has told me to talk to my internet service provider and ask to get my IP address changed is this possible?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: IP address

VM IP addresses are typically quite sticky and even when you switch off your hub you can still get the same address when you switch it on again. In the past I would have said that the only easy way to change your IP was to switch your VM hub from router mode to modem mode or vice versa.  However I have seen a post recently where a user was being blocked by the Game of War servers and they called VM and asked for their current IP to be released and a new one assigned.

If you are expecting a response from VM staff here it can take up to a week, so might be worth a call.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: IP address

Fred__Young wrote:
My psn has been blocked due to a fault in the system. PlayStation has told me to talk to my internet service provider and ask to get my IP address changed is this possible?

So why didn't you just ask sony to fix the IP block?

afaik they never really bothered with IP blocks as they don't typically work

0 Kudos